Pastor Ron's Ethiopia Trip Video
If you happened to miss Pastor Ron's update session regarding his visit to Ethiopia, here is a short video to see some of the footage.
Guatemala Friendship Ministry –
La Cuchilla Carepoint
This is a partnership between Children’s HopeChest, Gethsemane Church, Summit Community Church, Saving Grace Lutheran Church and Risen Savior Lutheran Church to provide nutrition, medical and educational support, in addition to discipleship and emotional support to children in this community.
La Cuchilla Christmas Cards 2021
It's hard to believe but the Holidays are just around the corner. Therefore, I would like to encourage you to send a Christmas card to your friend in La Cuchilla. It's an early start but we need to give ample time to the HopeChest staff in Guatemala to translate, print and deliver your card(s) to your friend(s).
- We will be using the same Christmas card format as last year. Click Here for the Christmas Card.
- In order to give the HopeChest Guatemala staff ample time for translation, printing, and distribution, cards should be emailed directly to Guatemala using the following email address:
Cards should be emailed no later than November 1, 2021.
- Last year some folks had a problem inserting their picture into the Christmas card format. In the event that this happens, the completed Christmas card template and the picture should be attached to the email when sending it to the Guatemala staff. It's important to enter the child's ID number in the field provided on the card.
4. If you have any questions, please email me, or call me at 480.249.0720.
How Can You Participate in the Guatemala Friendship Ministry?
- By becoming a Friendship Partner to a child in La Cuchilla
- By becoming a gift donor to facilitate development projects in La Cuchilla
- By participating in mission trips to La Cuchilla
- By keeping the Guatemala Friendship Ministry in your prayers
Why Would You Become a Friendship Partner?
- The way Children’s HopeChest is structured, a Friendship Partnership enables you to enjoy the unique opportunity to have a one-on-one personal relationship with a child from La Cuchilla. Through letters, photographs and even potential mission visits you will have an opportunity to build a friendship that can last a lifetime and provide hope for a child.
- Remembering our Summer sermon series “Better Together”, you will not be alone. Together, with four churches and Children’s HopeChest, we will be Better able to provide a foundation that will ensure the sustainable well-being of these children.
- ..We are “blessed to be a blessing”.
Click Here for the Children's HopeChest Website
Click Here for Information/Friendship Partner for La Cuchilla Carepoint
Click the links below to view a short video on the impact that YOUR making within the La Cuchilla Community:
HopeChest Friendship Partners - If you became a Friendship Partner or made a donation to La Cuchilla, please check with your employer to see if your donation qualifies for Charitable Matching Funds. If so, when filing for the match reference "La Cuchilla-GT0231" to ensure the matching funds go to the proper account. Examples of companies is the Phoenix area that Charitable Matching Funds programs are: Microsoft, Honeywell, Intel, GE. If you have any questions contact Bob at
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Hooks and Needles Ministry
If you enjoy knitting or crocheting, we would love to have you join our ministry! We create handmade prayer shawls, pocket prayer cloths and various items that are distributed throughout local communities and abroad. This is an excellent opportunity to spread the love of Christ, and the power of prayer to those in need! We are in need of yarn donations. Any size or amount is appreciated. Drop off all donations in the Narthex cabinet. Contact Marion at
These shawls are given to shut-ins, someone grieving a loss, hospitalized, etc. If you know of someone, please contact Pastor Mark at the Church Office at
Children First leadership academy
Women's Ministry Mission:The Children First Leadership Academy provides services and resources to homeless or low income/at risk yout (K-12th grade), parents and elderly in the Phoenix area. Each month we provide goods that support and give hope to these familes. Any donations can be dropped off at the Church Office or contact
January 2021 We provided 230 blankets (one per child) to the children for warmth.
December 2020 We were able to donate 64 stocking for the children with Angel Tree donation items.
Salvation Army Food Collection - No collections currently
The first Sunday of the month is when the food collection takes place. Place non-perishables in the Narthex cabinet located in the hallway by the Fellowship Hall. The donation box for clothing and small household goods is located in the northwest corner of the church parking lot.
Blood Pressure Check-No checks currently
The second Sunday of each month there is a free blood pressure check in the Narthex area.
Thanksgiving Turkey Drive
This event takes place mid-November-see calendar for details. In 2020, we collected enough donations of frozen turkeys and checks from our members, friends and Sun Lakes residents to provide AZCEND (The Chandler Food Bank) with 946 meals for distribution to Chandler families who struggle to put food on their tables.
Operation Christmas Child
This event takes place at the end of October-see calendar for details. In 2020, Risen Savior packed 417 shoeboxes and donated $1455. You have helped to spread the message of Jesus to millions of children around the world. THANK YOU!!
Community Christmas Concert
Each year we host two concerts and welcome everyone to attend. The concerts happen in mid-December-see calendar for details. Admission is two cans of food and all donations go to the Chandler Food Bank.
Spring Food Drive
This event takes place in April (before Easter). See the calendar for details.