Guatemala Friendship Ministry –
La Cuchilla Carepoint
This is a partnership between Children’s HopeChest, Gethsemane Church, Summit Community Church, Saving Grace Lutheran Church and Risen Savior Lutheran Church to provide nutrition, medical and educational support, in addition to discipleship and emotional support to children in this community.
How Can You Participate in the Guatemala Friendship Ministry?
- By becoming a Friendship Partner to a child in La Cuchilla
- By becoming a gift donor to facilitate development projects in La Cuchilla
- By participating in mission trips to La Cuchilla
- By keeping the Guatemala Friendship Ministry in your prayers
Why Would You Become a Friendship Partner?
- The way Children’s HopeChest is structured, a Friendship Partnership enables you to enjoy the unique opportunity to have a one-on-one personal relationship with a child from La Cuchilla. Through letters, photographs and even potential mission visits you will have an opportunity to build a friendship that can last a lifetime and provide hope for a child.
- Remembering our Summer sermon series “Better Together”, you will not be alone. Together, with four churches and Children’s HopeChest, we will be Better able to provide a foundation that will ensure the sustainable well-being of these children.
- ..We are “blessed to be a blessing”.
Click the links below to view a short video on the impact that YOUR making within the La Cuchilla Community:
HopeChest Friendship Partners - If you became a Friendship Partner or made a donation to La Cuchilla, please check with your employer to see if your donation qualifies for Charitable Matching Funds. If so, when filing for the match reference "La Cuchilla-GT0231" to ensure the matching funds go to the proper account. Examples of companies is the Phoenix area that Charitable Matching Funds programs are: Microsoft, Honeywell, Intel, GE. If you have any questions contact Bob at .
PO Box 1190
Palmer Lake, CO 80133
Hooks and Needles Ministry
This group meets weekly and all are welcome. If you would prefer to work at home, patterns and instructions are available outside the Fellowship Hall, and in a drawer under the bed in the First Aid room in the North Building. If you need yarn or have any questions, please contact Marion at 602.920.3319.
These shawls are given to shut-ins, someone grieving a loss, hospitalized, etc. If you know of someone, please contact Pastor Mark at the Church Office at
Children First leadership academy
Women's Ministry Mission:The Children First Leadership Academy provides services and resources to homeless or low income/at risk yout (K-12th grade), parents and elderly in the Phoenix area. Each month we provide goods that support and give hope to these familes. Any donations can be dropped off at the Church Office or contact for pick-up.
April 2022 Collected Summer Break snacks to give to the kids.
March 2022 Collected Easter basket fillers for the children.
February 2022 Collected Valentine's Day candy for the children to have a party and snacks/drinks for Sprink Break.
January 2022 We provided over 300 blankets (one per child) to the children for warmth. Every child was able to receive a blanket this year!
December 2020 We were able to donate 64 stocking for the children with Angel Tree donation items.
Thanksgiving Turkey Drive
This event takes place mid-November-see calendar for details. In 2020, we collected enough donations of frozen turkeys and checks from our members, friends and Sun Lakes residents to provide AZCEND (The Chandler Food Bank) with 946 meals for distribution to Chandler families who struggle to put food on their tables.
Operation Christmas Child
This event takes place at the end of October-see calendar for details. In 2020, Risen Savior packed 417 shoeboxes and donated $1455. You have helped to spread the message of Jesus to millions of children around the world. THANK YOU!!
Community Christmas Concert
Each year we host two concerts and welcome everyone to attend. The concerts happen in mid-December-see calendar for details. Admission is two cans of food and all donations go to the Chandler Food Bank.