Guatemala Friendship Ministry –
La Cuchilla Carepoint
This is a partnership between Children’s HopeChest, Gethsemane Church, Summit Community Church, Saving Grace Lutheran Church and Risen Savior Lutheran Church to provide nutrition, medical and educational support, in addition to discipleship and emotional support to children in this community.
How Can You Participate in the Guatemala Friendship Ministry?
- By becoming a Friendship Partner to a child in La Cuchilla
- By becoming a gift donor to facilitate development projects in La Cuchilla
- By participating in mission trips to La Cuchilla
- By keeping the Guatemala Friendship Ministry in your prayers
Why Would You Become a Friendship Partner?
- The way Children’s HopeChest is structured, a Friendship Partnership enables you to enjoy the unique opportunity to have a one-on-one personal relationship with a child from La Cuchilla. Through letters, photographs and even potential mission visits you will have an opportunity to build a friendship that can last a lifetime and provide hope for a child.
- Remembering our Summer sermon series “Better Together”, you will not be alone. Together, with four churches and Children’s HopeChest, we will be Better able to provide a foundation that will ensure the sustainable well-being of these children.
- ..We are “blessed to be a blessing”.
For questions, contact Bob Myczek at
Hooks and Needles Ministry
If you enjoy knitting or crocheting, we would love to have you join our ministry! We create handmade prayer shawls, pocket prayer cloths and various items that are distributed throughout local communities and abroad. This is an excellent opportunity to spread the love of Christ, and the power of prayer to those in need! We are in need of yarn donations. Any size or amount is appreciated. Drop off all donations in the Narthex cabinet. Contact Marion at for details.
These shawls are given to shut-ins, someone grieving a loss, hospitalized, etc. If you know of someone, please contact Pastor Mark at the church office at
Children First leadership academy
The Children First Leadership Academy provides services and resources to homeless or low income/at risk yout (K-12th grade), parents and elderly in the Phoenix area. Each month we provide goods that support and give hope to these familes. Any donations can be dropped off at the Church Office or contact for pick-up.
Salvation Army Food Collection
The first Sunday of the month is when the food collection takes place. Place non-perishables in the Narthex cabinet located in the hallway by the Fellowship Hall. The donation box for clothing and small household goods is located in the northwest corner of the church parking lot.
Blood Pressure Check
The second Sunday of each month there is a free blood pressure check in the Narthex area.
Thanksgiving Turkey Drive
This event takes place mid-November-see calendar for details. In 2018, we collected enough donations of frozen turkeys and checks from our members, friends and Sun Lakes residents to provide AZCEND (The Chandler Food Bank) with 300 turkeys for distribution to Chandler families who struggle to put food on their tables.
Operation Christmas Child
This event takes place at the end of October-see calendar for details. In 2018, Risen Savior packed 579 shoeboxes and donated over $1,000. You have helped to spread the message of Jesus to millions of children around the world. THANK YOU!!
Community Christmas Concert
This event takes place in mid-December-see calendar for details. Admission is two cans of food and all donations go to the Chandler Food Bank.
Spring Food Drive
This event takes place in April-see the calendar for details.